The South Bay Aquatics USA swimming program provides a unified multi-pool environment conducive to training and quality instruction that allows athletes to systematically progress from novice to national caliber level. Our dedicated and trained coaching staff and parental participation instill in our athletes at all levels, positive life-long values based upon teamwork, self-discipline, and healthy competition. South Bay Aquatics serves youth in the Bonita, Chula Vista, National City, Imperial Beach, Coronado, Eastlake, Otay Ranch, Rolling Hills Ranch, and southern San Diego communities.
South Bay Aquatics is currently seeking qualified individuals to augment our existing coaching staff for summer programs. Contact Head Coach Tom Paradowski for more information.
JO Max Meet this weekend
- Location is at Granite hills High School.
- Friday evening events, warm up at 4pm.
- Sat. And Sun. warm up is in the water at 8:00am for all teams.
- Please get there early for parking and sitting space.
- Swimmers will need to check in before warm up.
- IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT SWIMMERS ARE ON TIME AND WARM UP TOGETHER.
- Timing lanes are lanes 4&5 two chairs each lane.
- All swimmers need to have a volunteer to time for a short shift.
- Programs will not be sold at the meet. If you want to download a copy it is posted on the SI-swimming.com website.
Weekly Update 3/3/14
- This week
- no entries are due.
- JO Max this weekend. More info will be out later this week
- Next week
- entries are due for the imperial Valley meet. Please have your entry envelope in to your coach by Tuesday 3/11.
- The Monthly SBA Board Meeting is Wednesday 3/12 @ 7:30PM. RSVP Todd Parsons for location information if you are interested in attending - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Loma Verde Pool Closed on Friday 3/14. Silver and Gold will be at Mater Dei.
- Parents: this is the time of year that coaches are evaluating your swimmers to make advancements to the next group. These changes will take place in Month of March. This is a great accomplishment for your swimmers.
- Please note that for advancement we not only watch workout performances, attendance, and technique, but also that they are competing in swim meet and how their times are improving.
- Be aware that with advancement your swimmer may need additional equipment and will also have a fee increase.
- Congratulations to your swimmers. Keep them all working hard.
Junior Olympic Recap
- We had an excellent Junior Olympics!
- SBA finished 4th over all in the team scores
- We had 6 individual JO champion swimmers, each with multiple event wins
- Many team records were broken
- Humberto broke more 8& under records along with the high point award
- The 10 & under girls Free and Medley relay broke the Junior Olympic and the Medley also broke the San Diego record!
- Way to go SBA!
Weekly Update 2/24/2014
- Tuesday 2/25 entries are due for the JO Max meet.
- All swimmers who do not have 6 or more JO times can enter.
- Swimmers can not enter events with JO times or swim on relays involving those same distances and strokes.
- We would like all eligible swimmers to enter.
- This is a team scored meet!!!!